Always in a whirl, from homemade bread to housework to work-work. Come join the fun, the mess, and don't be afraid to tell me if I'm not making any sense!

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Solstice

The longest day of the year, and here we are. Candles are lit, so are the twinkling tree lights, and we are all snuggled up. In a bit I will get some tea, and start some infusion for tomorrow.

Tonight we opened a few gifts, tomorrow the kids will open the rest and there will be stockings! Santa is coming early this year. Usually we spend Christmas Eve at moms, then Christmas Day at hubby's parents, finally we rush home to open our gifts and end up with a very messy living room. Some time in between I try to fill the stockings so they are ready and waiting late Christmas Day. This routine generally leaves me feeling hurried and exhausted. I may still be tired, but at least we'll come home to a tranquil home.

Its been a beautiful day, even though the car broke down (starter)!

Happy Solstice & Merry Christmas

No comments: