Always in a whirl, from homemade bread to housework to work-work. Come join the fun, the mess, and don't be afraid to tell me if I'm not making any sense!

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

(Almost) Thankful Thursday

Today while cooking dinner, hubby was keeping me company as he often does. I realized that no matter how hard things are (money, groceries, old cars, no time, etc) there really are people in the world who have it worse. Then tonight (waiting up with sick Taterbug) I was reading and article I photocopied out of a friends magazine earlier today . The article talked about embracing our dark times (not to be confused with depression-a serious condition-which is characterized by more than a week or two of sleep changes, eating changes, changes in sex drive, inability to do normal things, low energy, etc). Sometimes we just need to take care of ourselves by slowing down, letting the dishes rest in the sink, or doing other things you wouldn't normally do. "Thankful Thursday Journals" were mentioned, and I realized what a great idea!

What am I thankful for (not necessarily in the correct order!):

  1. A roof over my head
  2. A washing machine to wash my clothes (its going right now!) rather than a washboard
  3. SOAP!
  4. My wonderful family
  5. Knowing that if I were to become pregnant accidentally it wouldn't be the end of the world (unlike Jamie Spears, Brittney's little sister, preggers at 16 with a 19 year old, assuming deadbeat, boyfriend)
  6. Having extra sheets and towels to pile under the boy
  7. My warm fuzzy blanket
  8. This wonderful computer
  9. The bathtub, where we are headed now...
  10. The applejuice in Tater's cup
  11. I'm sure there are more, but now we are off to the tub...

No comments: