Always in a whirl, from homemade bread to housework to work-work. Come join the fun, the mess, and don't be afraid to tell me if I'm not making any sense!

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving is upon us!

It hardly seems time for Thanksgiving. Wasn't it just yesterday that we had that picnic at the lake in August and got drenched in the freezing rain?

Summer just flew by this year, and somehow, somewhere, I lost fall. The leaves have fallen, and yet, I still keep looking for the sun. It is Oregon, though, so the rain does fall. I'm trying to be conscious about being grateful for the rain, because those folks in Georgia sure would love some of that rain that I want to complain about!

Anywho, we are going to Mom's for Thanksgiving dinner (turkey, yum!). Then we will have ham (double yum!) with Nana and Papa on Friday. I'm thrilled because my darling 79 year old grandma, my aunt, and my uncle are coming up from the Willamette Valley to have dinner with us. Can't spend enough time with Grandma! Also, Grandma Arlene will be there, too, so we'll have lots of wonderful family time.

What are you having for Turkey Day?

No comments: